At Tea with WONDER – we explored “Re – Writing your Life’s Script” last week
We all have Stories of our lives; things from our Past, the Present and the Future. As it is stated, Life is what you make it; we all owe ourselves that responsibility of making our life stories as pleasant as possible because we are in charge of our being.
We all have situations or people that have influenced our lives and how we interrupt our life’s story. People, circumstances and things sway our life’s story. These could include your family background, a bully at school, our cultural practices and beliefs…
Situations or people in our lives affect the decisions we make, control what we think, determine what we could never do or do and shape our self-image. Some people are caught up in toxic marriages and can’t leave because of culture or public opinion, some won’t stand up to perverts because they are older or because it is always emphasised in some of our cultures that respect means no defence, no looking people in the eye and the big one – no saying No!
You can re-write your life’s story and live life as per your perceptive and not by societal influences. To do this – identify the mental blocks that are holding you back and conquer them. Below are actions to take to re-write your life script.
1. Take off some time – go into solitude and have a serious conversation with yourself. Ask yourself – What kind of story are been telling yourself and other people? What thoughts do you harbour about yourself? What feelings do you have about your past? Are you happy with it? Are your thoughts and feelings positive, encouraging and fulfilling?
2. Change the perceptive of your story, be the hero in the story.
3. Stop feeling like you owe the world or anyone anything because you do not; leave your life as per nature’s principles.
4. Cultivate inner Healing, forgive yourself and others and re-gain the peace you need to flourish in your story.
5. Confront your childhood wounds – we were all hurt in one way or another – release the hurt, let go because if you don’t – these wounds invite themselves in our lives at the slightest provocation hence their fruit bearing forth – irritability, anger and pride.
“LIFE IS NOT ABOUT NEGATIVE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT HAPPEN TO YOU, IT’S ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH THE GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES HIDDEN WITHIN”